Path2College account owner information, including historical information, account preferences and investment selections automatically transitioned to the new platform. As a result, Path2College account numbers have changed. Rather than different account numbers for each beneficiary, your new account number is a 9-digit string of numbers (your master account number) followed by a 2-digit extension distinguishing each of your beneficiaries. If you have only one beneficiary the extension is 01, for multiple beneficiaries 02, 03, etc. Be sure to login above to re-establish your login credentials. You may use either your new 11-digit account number (9-digit master + 2-digit extension) or your old account number.
You can learn about your improved investment options and enhanced user experience by reviewing the Path2College 529 College Savings Plan Transition Guide. Key benefits include:
- New and Improved Online Account Management.
- New Managed Enrollment/Aggressive Managed Enrollment Year Investment Portfolios.
- New Conservative Allocation and High Equity Allocation Investment Portfolios.
- New single cash equivalent portfolio (Money Market Option merges into Guaranteed Portfolio).
For details about the enhancements, please click on the Transition Guide below. A full Plan Description which is effective May 11, 2020 can also be accessed below.
Your Path2College Activation list:
- Note your new 11-digit account number in your confirmation statement for future reference.
- Re-establish your login credentials by creating a new user ID and password at path2college529.com.
- If you have not established online access, we encourage you to establish online credentials for easy account access.
- If you have in the past shared an Path2College eGift code with family and friends for gifting at birthdays and holidays, please replace it with an Path2College Ugift code. Learn more about Ugift.
- If you currently contribute to your account through payroll direct deposit, please make the required changes to update your payroll instructions to ensure continuation. If you did not receive a letter from us containing a Payroll Direct Deposit Form (see sample), please contact us immediately so we may provide updated payroll direct deposit instructions.
- Because your Path2College account number changed and Path2College College Savings Plan’s banking routing information changed with the transition to the new account management system, any direct deposit contributions submitted by employers after May 7, 2020 will be returned unless direct deposit instructions are updated. If you currently contribute to your account through payroll direct deposit, you should have received a letter containing instructions to update your payroll instructions. If you did not receive this letter, please contact us at 1-877-424-4377.
To preview the new account management system view the short tutorial videos below.
Please call Path2College with any questions. We are now open M-F, 8 AM to 8 PM at 1-877-424-4377.
Please note: For those who currently utilize Quicken download, this service will no longer be supported. There are several aggregators on the market that might be a suitable alternative if desired.