Path2College 529 Plan

Multi-Fund Investment Options

Want investment options with more choices when it comes to diversity and risk? If so, Multi-Fund investments are worth a closer look.

Some investors want added control over their investment option’s diversification and investment strategy. If you’re one of those people, the Multi-Fund Investment Options available through the Path2College 529 Plan might be the investment type for you.

With the MultiFund investments, you can select from a range of investment types suitable for a variety of risk profiles and asset allocation blends. Choices may include options such as international investments, which are investments made entirely outside the US and balanced funds, which try to provide a mix of both safety and modest returns.

Most options also include index and actively managed choices. Index funds are designed to track a benchmark index. Active management, by contrast, is managed by a person using research, forecasts, and their own experience to make investment decisions.

No matter which option(s) you choose, it’s important to note that once you’ve selected an investment, the funds will remain there until you select another.

Changing Your Investments

Once you invest in a particular investment portfolio, you can transfer contributions and any earnings to another investment portfolio up to twice per calendar year or upon a transfer of funds to a Path2College 529 Plan account for a different beneficiary.

Periodically Review Your Investments

It’s a good idea to periodically re-evaluate your investment strategy as your goals, investment horizon, and personal situation change — for example, annually at tax time, on a yearly basis if your income changes, or upon the birth of another child.


How Multi-Fund Investment Options Work

These investment options seek to provide options for people who prefer to select an investment option for its asset allocation. Each multi-fund investment option has a different investment objective and investment strategy.

The allocations to the underlying mutual funds in the multi-fund investment options do not change automatically as the beneficiary ages as they do in the age-based investment options. Investments will remain in the multi-fund investment options until the account owner instructs the Plan to move them to another investment option. The Board may change the asset allocations and underlying mutual funds for these investment options (as well as for the other investment options) at any time.

Show More
Multi-Fund Investment Options
Multi-Fund Investment Options
col1 col2

BALANCED OPTION

(Risk Level — Moderate)

Investment Objective. This Investment Option seeks to provide a favorable return that reflects the broad investment performance of the financial markets.

Investment Strategy. This Investment Option invests in multiple mutual funds. 79% of the Investment Option’s assets are invested in “index funds,” meaning that the mutual fund attempts to track a benchmark index. The remaining 21% of its assets is in actively managed mutual funds.

 50.00%Stocks
 50.00%Bonds
+ X

100% FIXED INCOME OPTION

(Risk Level — Moderate)

Investment Objective. This Investment Option seeks to provide a moderate long-term rate of return primarily through current income.

Investment Strategy. This Investment Option invests 100% of its assets in mutual funds that invest primarily in debt securities.

 100.00%Bonds
+ X

Multi-Fund Investment Options


Multi-Fund Investment Options
INVESTMENT OPTION NAME ALLOCATION INVESTMENT OPTION OBJECTIVE
BALANCED
OPTION
(Risk Level — Moderate)

Investment Objective. This Investment Option seeks to provide a favorable return that reflects the broad investment performance of the financial markets.

Investment Strategy. This Investment Option invests in multiple mutual funds. 79% of the Investment Option’s assets are invested in “index funds,” meaning that the mutual fund attempts to track a benchmark index. The remaining 21% of its assets is in actively managed mutual funds.

 50.00%Stocks
 50.00%Bonds
Read More X

View Underlying Mutual Funds

100%
FIXED
INCOME
OPTION
(Risk Level — Moderate)

Investment Objective. This Investment Option seeks to provide a moderate long-term rate of return primarily through current income.

Investment Strategy. This Investment Option invests 100% of its assets in mutual funds that invest primarily in debt securities.

 100.00%Bonds
Read More X

View Underlying Mutual Funds

[ ACTIVE CONTENT HERE ]